Going to Court for Domestic and Family Violence

If someone has made an application for a Domestic Violence Protection Order against you, you’ll need to go to the local Magistrates Court. If you’ve never been to court before it can be unfamiliar or even a bit overwhelming. The information below is specifically for people in Queensland, to help you understand what’s involved so you can make better decisions.

Helpful links

These links will open in another tab so you can easily return to this page afterwards.

From the Queensland Courts website: 

From the Legal Aid Qld website:

If you are looking for more detailed information about the domestic violence law:

Where to go next
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.