SPEAQ is the network of Services and Practitioners for the Elimination of Abuse in Queensland.
Stopping the violence at its source, by working directly with those committing the violence.
Member practitioners and services work with men who use domestic and family violence in any form, and with partners or family members affected by their abuse.
Connection and Support
Our network connects and supports practitioners, co-ordinators and managers across Queensland.
We also work to inform, educate and advise other professionals, government and the public as the voice of specialist professionals in the field of men's DFV behaviour change work.
Supporting family safety
What do members do?
We help men who have used domestic and family violence to change;
and to find respectful and safe ways of relating and dealing with problems and difficulties.
For partners and family
We also work with their partners and other family members subjected to their abuse, to provide support and help create safety.
A Statewide presence
Members come from a range of services across Queensland, for example:
- workers from most of the state-funded DFV perpetrator intervention programs
- counselling services
- phone counsellors
- men’s DFV court workers
- Anglicare Southern Qld
- Australia's CEO Challenge
- Brisbane Domestic Violence Service
- Brisbane Youth Service
- Centacare Family and Relationship Services
- Central Queensland Indigenous Development
- Domestic Violence Action Centre
- Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast
- Domestic Violence Resource Service Mackay and Region
- Edon Place Domestic & Family Violence Centre Inc
- Gladstone Women's Health Centre
- Graham House Community Centre
- Helem Yumba (Central Queensland Healing Centre)
- Kurbingui Youth Development
- Lifeline Darling Downs & South West Qld
- Men & Co Services
- North Queensland Domestic Violence Resource Service
- Relationships Australia Queensland
- South Burnett CTC
- UnitingCare Community
Click here to find out more about services provided by SPEAQ member organisations.